CAL Insurance & Associates, Inc. along with our workers compensation claim & safety management partner, ESM, invite you to a webinar on:
Thursday, October 8th at 9 am PST
Two new bills, Assembly Bill 685 & Senate Bill 1159 have been signed into Law by California Governor Gavin Newsom, effective September 17, 2020.
Register in advance for this webinar: Click HERE
What does this mean for California employers?
Senate Bill 1159: Workers’ compensation: COVID-19: critical workers.
- Rebuttable presumption is back
- New and confusing reporting obligations
- “Outbreak” definition has changed, and different from Cal-OSHA and CDC definitions
- Potential penalties up to $10,000
- Procedures for compliance
- What is a “potential exposure”
- Reporting requirements to employees and contractors
- Defining a “realistic possibility”
- What is a serious violation
- Serious violations can start at $18,000
- What employers need to do to prepare