Manage Existing Workers’ Comp Claims During COVID Downtime
Overview: We are all dealing with the disruptions of our schedules and normal activities as a result of COVID-19.
FAQs that will be discussed:
- What is telehealth and how can it help our business during the sheltering in place requirement?
- Will Temporary Disability benefits be stopped since my employee’s Doctor’s appointment has been rescheduled to May?
- My employee doesn’t want to go to the Dr. for fear of being exposed to COVID-19, what can I do?
- Is now a good time to try and settle cases?
- What is the current state of the CA Workers’ Compensation system?
Due to layoffs, work-from-home, and other work accommodations, the number of state-wide claims being filed has diminished. This provides an opportunity for claims handlers and defense attorneys to analyze their open claims’ inventory and work up claims for settlement.