Nationwide’s Premium Credit and Expanded Personal Auto Cover
Here are important pieces of information and tips to support you and your customers and your business.
- PL livery coverage extension: For losses occurring on and after March 23 through April 30, Nationwide will waive application of the delivery exclusion and extend coverage to some restaurant and pharmacy employees delivering food or medicine/essential needs on behalf of the restaurant or pharmacy. This coverage extension demonstrates the extraordinary care that Nationwide is providing customers during this COVID-19 pandemic.
- 60-day policy hold: If a personal lines customer or their immediate family member has been impacted medically or financially by COVID-19 and they are unable to pay their bill on time, we are able to place the impacted billing account on a 60-day hold. To have an impacted account placed on hold, please email PLService@nationwide.com.
- 24-hour claims hotline: Nationwide has taken steps to ensure we are there for customers. If customers need to start a claim for their business, they can call our 24-hour claims hotline at 1-800-421-3535 or visit nationwide.com.
- Free resources for small businesses: Digital ad credits, videoconferencing services, cybersecurity tools and more — check out the free resources collected in this article for small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Via Inc.
- Improve your social selling skills: It’s not too late to register for the free webinar on Apr. 17 to learn how to leverage Nationwide’s agent social media program, featuring Hearsay, and its free social media content to attract and retain customers, deepen relationships and grow your business.
- Rapid relief for personal auto customers: To get relief in the hands of our customers quickly and simply, we are offering a one-time premium refund of $50 per policy for personal auto policies active as of March 31, 2020. Customers don’t need to do anything. Refunds will automatically be credited to the customers’ most recent method of payment (automatic withdrawal, credit card, personal check) within the next 30 days. The premium refund and timing are subject to individual state Departments of Insurance approval. Agency commissions won’t be impacted by this refund. Read the communication.
We continue to stand by you and are here to help. Please reach out to your sales manager with any questions or needs.