A message from Safeco:
Dear Safeco® agent,
The wildfires in Napa and Sonoma counties this week are the latest to impact the people of California in what is becoming the most destructive fire season on record. We’d like you to know that everyone at Safeco is ready to lend support and help you and our customers recover when you need us most.
Wildfire Defense Program
Safeco contracts with Wildfire Defense Systems, Inc. (WDS) to offer a Wildfire Defense Program to protect certain Safeco policyholder properties threatened by active wildfires. Your eligible customers may start to hear from Safeco’s “Callout Team” from the Claims Contact Center to offer enrollment in the program.
- Please ensure that Safeco has access to updated phone numbers and emails for customers in wildfire-prone areas.
- Unless you are returning a call to our Callout Team, please don’t call in and discourage customers from doing so. This keeps our team freed up to make outbound calls to those eligible.
We encourage you to take a moment to read the WDS Agent FAQ to familiarize yourself with how the program works.
For customers living in potentially affected areas, Safeco.com also includes helpful tips for catastrophe preparation that can be shared with customers.
Should any of these events result in a claim, the following information about filing a claim will help Safeco respond to our customers most efficiently.
- Customers with an online account may file a claim online or with Safeco Mobile, available for Android and Apple iOS devices. One can request roadside assistance as well.
- Customers can call the Claims Service Center directly at 1-800-332-3226, or you may warm transfer the customer and stay on the line as we assist.
- Agents may report a property claim online
Online claims filing is available for auto, home, condo, renters and motorcycle policies.