Template for internal correspondents from employer’s to employees regarding standard precautions to avoid the spread of COVID-19:
Last week, both the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) said that it’s possible for the U.S. to soon experience a community spread of the coronavirus.
Although, according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), most American workers are not at a significant risk of infection at this time, the situation is evolving and it’s never too early for us to educate ourselves, address one another’s concerns, and take precautions to keep CAL healthy and prevent the spread of illness.
Because there is presently no Coronavirus vaccine available, the CDC is recommending standard precautions to avoid the spread of respiratory viruses, such as:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap is not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Please stay home when you are sick.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you are not feeling well, considering seeing a medical professional as soon as possible for proper diagnosis and care.
For more information, the CDC has released guidance specifically addressed to businesses outlining recommendations and best practices on protecting the workplace. Please take a few minutes to read more about this latest guidance HERE.
Your health and safety is a top priority and we will continue to monitor the situation, following protocol from the CDC and our local officials. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to discuss with your manager and we will all do our best to address them.