We were lucky…again!
The recent 6.5 magnitude earthquake centered near Tonopah was Nevada’s largest earthquake in 66 years. Although it was felt across 3 states, luckily, it was in a remote area and caused little damage.
This serves as another reminder of the risk of earthquakes and makes us wonder what would happen if it occurred further West in the Bay area?
What if our luck runs out?
As an example, the HayWired study, conducted by the USGS, studied the impact of a 7.0 earthquake on the Hayward fault which was estimated to cause:
- Over $85 billion in property damage and business disruption losses.
- Displacement of over 100,000 households.
- Buildings in Oakland & San Francisco unusable for as long as 10 months
It concludes that the threat is real and and could happen at any time.
Remind your clients to be prepared…
We can’t ignore this risk and must be prepared for a large earthquake to strike in a metropolitan area along the West Coast. Visit the links below for valuable information that can help save lives and property.
Don’t let your clients risk their homes. Protect them with industry leading earthquake coverage
Arrowhead’s earthquake programs offer the broadest coverage in the marketplace including:
- Coverage for masonry veneer, chimneys, etc.
- Coverage for detached garages, driveways, patios, walkways, retaining walls and swimming pools.
- The highest loss of use limits available with no annual limitation.
- All with deductibles as low as 2.5%
Make sure your client’s are prepared and protected with earthquake insurance. They will be thankful you did